Initiated by PhD students and the lab's Council, ERIC members implemented a set of proposals listed below, which are always in evolution.
- Not forget to switch the lights off when last leaving the lab.
Demand to the university: use timers, replace neons by LEDs or else use one tube instead of two in the hall.
- Avoid paper printings that are not strictly necessary. Design dataviz that show the paper and ink consumption with respect to time and give ourselves consumption reduction objectives.
- Since the university cannot currently perform waste sorting, devise a "local" waste sorting at the lab's scale.
- Avoid electric heaters in offices; prefer a second pull-over.
- Favour buying recycled paper (being done for many years).
- Favour buying recyclable cups, plates, etc. instead of plastic ones.
- Switch off computers and screens when they are not to be used for a long time (e.g., at night), especially in low-occupied rooms (meeting rooms, intern room out of internship periods).
Digital best practices
- Instead of sending an attached file to several people, especially when the file is big, upload it to, e.g., Filesender.
- Not send emails in HTML mode; they are much more voluminous that plain text. Similarly, avoid branded signatures with images. branded avec des images (idem).
- Enforce a global policy for renewing computer dedicated to office software less frequently.
- Favour cycling and form cycling-buses (people who cycle to the lab can accompany neophytes).
- Participate to the Mobility Challenge organized by Region AURA.